Ok. I’m never going back to traditional chocolate desserts now that I have made the ultimate vegan treat. You probably don’t believe me, but wait till you try this!I made this recipe simple-stupid, so that you have no excuse. Plus, it takes less than 30 mins to make it. Yes, prep time included. I know, I know, I’m pretty awesome… 😛
- Food processor
- Tart tins (don’t wanna buy these? use any tin you have, make it into a tin cake instead)
Ingredients (makes 4 medium sized tarts)
- 70g rehydrated dry figs (overnight or at least 4 hours)
- 100g pecan nuts (almonds or cashew will do too; no peanuts!)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 100g organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 50ml maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, quantity may vary)
Secret ingredient: Organic, pure wild orange essential oil by doTERRA. It’s pretty magical and without it the dish kinda falls flat. If you can’t get hold of this, try lots of organic orange zest.
- Process the pecan nuts in the food processor until evenly ground.
- Add the figs and the rest of the base ingredients and process until well combined.
- Add 3 drops of orange essential oil.
- Press mixture in tart tins to form even bases.
- Place in the freezer until chocolate mousse is ready.
- Add all the mousse ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust texture and sweetness to your liking (e.g. more coconut milk or more maple syrup).
- Add a couple of orange oil in the mousse too. (no, it’s not too much!)
- Pour the mousse into the tart tins you took out from the freezer
- Decorate and enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for later use.
I told you it’s the easiest recipe! I can make this with my eyes closed now, using only 8 ingredients. Although, I should not close my eyes when operating a food processor!!