You may have heard about the latest delicious vegan craze in the form of nicecream. What is nicecream you ask? A frozen banana-based dessert. It’s dairy, egg and sugar free – except for, of course, the naturally occurring sugars and whatever topping you choose to adorn it with.
It’s a great option for kids desserts, vegan diets and sometimes even as a refreshing breakfast.
Wanna try it? Here’s an easy recipe I wiped up this weekend:
- 150g frozen mango
- 200g frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 100ml almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- squeeze of lime
You also need a food processor.
- Put the bananas in the food processor and almond milk and blend
- Add the rest of the ingredients gradually while blending and pausing (depending on your food processor, this will take between 5-10 mins to properly incorporate all ingredients)
- Pour the creamy, frozen mixture in a tray and sprinkle with berries and chopped nuts.
- Freeze for an hour or as long as it takes to further solidify the nicecream.
- Take out, scoop and serve with coconut chips, cocoa nibs, fresh fruit in granola bottom glasses.
This is how I chose to serve mine 🙂